In Connectivism, knowing where to find information is more important than what is already known. My Learning Activiy on the Microsoft in Education Network investigates “What does 21st Century Learning look like and where is it happen?” and focus on how to select tools to create PLEs and make them interoperable in learning ecologies.
You probably heard of the tale where group of blind men touch an elephant to learn what it is like. The moral is that while everyone is experiencing at the same thing, they don’t see the context. The knowledge emerge from the connections between learners in Collaborative Open Online Lerning, i.e. a COOL – Course.
The concept is adapted from Stephen Downes six domains of expertise in critical literacies consist:
- syntax – detecting and using forms, rules, operations, patterns and similarities
- semantics – sensing and referencing, interpreting, associating and deciding
- pragmatics – speaking, acting, expressing, declaring, asking, meaning, using
- cognition – description, definition, argument, explanation
- context – theorizing, framing, identifying possibilities, environment, reference space, ontologies and categorization
- change – relation and connection, flow, historicity, directionality, progression, logic, games, scheduling, events and activities,